Sometimes, I got emails from my readers telling me that their ex girlfriend(boyfriend) dumped them for ridiculous reasons and they feel like getting their ex back and just hurt her(him) the way they were hurt by their ex.
Here is what their email read:
“I just want him back so I can break his heart and hurt him. Because he hurt me so much”
My first instinct was “She must be a really bad person to think like that”.
But then, I thought a little about it and I realized it’s a very very natural reaction to a breakup. You get hurt and you naturally want to blame someone and get that person to pay for it.
Sometimes, after a breakup, people want to know what happened.
Who left whom?
It’s a little embarrassing to say “My girlfriend left me.” or “My boyfriend left me”
It’s even more embarrassing to say “My ex left for someone else.”
It’s like saying “I wasn’t good enough.”
But we all know that it doesn’t mean that.
It doesn’t matter who broke up with whom and who hurt whom. Most people know that relationships are complicated and if a relationship doesn’t work, it’s really no one’s fault.
And if your friends or family is rubbing you in about you not being good enough, then you really need to get some new friends.
Anyway, I just want to tell you that you should not try to win a competition between you and your ex.
Because there is no competition. If your ex is acting like there is a competition, let them think so.
It doesn’t matter who is going out more. It doesn’t matter who is more happy. It doesn’t matter who has more friends on facebook.
All that matters is that you enjoy your life and are willing to make it better.
Remember the good memories and discard the bad ones. All our past relationships failed because you haven’t met the right person yet.
Just some ways to have a bit of fun with your ex ( Credit given to Cosmopolitan):
1. You know his best friend — the guy he can’t live without? Show up at his apartment wearing only a trench coat.
2. Hack into his Facebook profile and change his interests to freeganism, Paul Reiser, and face tattoos.
3. Decorate his car with a bumper sticker that declares “Small penis onboard.”
4. Wait until he’s dining with a new date, then call the restaurant and ask the waiter to tell him that “his kids are on the phone and they’re wondering how long they’ll have to wait out in the cold.”
5. Become really, really, really hot.
6. When you go over to his place to claim your assorted belongings, stealthily swipe all of his remotes.
7. Gain notoriety for your blog “Hilarious Things I Found in My Ex’s Trash.”
8. Casually mention to him that you finally got around to all those kinky sexual fantasies he was dying to try with you and, well, they’re fantastic.
9. Pay your pregnant friend to pee on a stick that you leave for him with a Thanks for nothing note attached.
10. Write your names inside a big heart on his lawn…with gasoline. Have a match handy for when he arrives.