Sometimes, your ex will call you out of nowhere.They just wanted to say hi and check how you are doing. Or they just wanted to talk to you. Or they might just randomly start talking about their life.
So what should you do if you are in the no-contact period? Read here why you need to stop contacting your ex if you want to get your ex back.
You should not talk to them during the no contact period. However, you cannot be rude to them and completely ignore their calls.
But you will have to be a little selfish here. Think of yourself first. Don’t let him messy up with your head and don’t let him have the impression that he can have you whenever he wants and you will always be there for him.
So, what do you do so that you don’t appear rude and don’t make him think that you are a jerk? If he calls you during the no-contact period, your attitude towards them should be like that of a distant acquaintance that you are in good terms with.
You don’t want to get too personal with him.
Don’t treat him like he is your closest friend and definitely don’t treat him like your lover.
Just be polite and a bit distant.
Below are a few rules to follow:
– Keep the call short ( less than 10 minutes). gracefully end the call by saying you have to go somewhere or do something.
– Be positive, happy and cheerful
– Don’t get very personal. Avoid topics that has to do with your relationships. Keep everything on a social level.
– Start talking about your feelings
– Turn conversation into a negative direction
– Stay on the call for more than 10 minutes
If your ex throws any emotional and personal questions at you, try to be as vague as possible. If he insists on knowing the answers, then just tell him that you think it’s best for you two to have some space for now.